How to Prepare for Your IELTS Exam
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the globally acknowledged English language proficiency test for migration. It includes assessment of your comprehensive English skills – reading, writing, understanding, and speaking. This is taken for the immigration departments to determine how well you can adapt to your new English speaking environment, professionally and socially.
The IELTS exam is accepted in schools, universities, corporations, professional institutions, and immigration authorities, globally. It involves a one-on-one speaking test to evaluate an immigrant’s English communication skills. Whatever you take the test for, make sure you pass without concerns.
The academy at Discover English in Vancouver helps you with intensive training and preparation. Here are a few things to follow to increase your chances of scoring well. Don’t rush to book your exam before you prepare. Browse through all the requirements below before you book your test.
Two Types of IELTS Exams
There are two main versions of IELTS tests. Make sure you know which one you are going in for.
- Academic Exam: This is for students who are planning to register in universities or colleges for higher education or professional purposes.
- General Training Exam: This is for those who are planning to work, train or study in high school.
How to Prepare for IELTS Exams
Once you know which test you are preparing for, you need to understand how to prepare for it. The stakes are high. You need intensive training. Below is a list of all the documents you require to register:
- Application Form: You can get your application form from the nearest IELTS test centre or simply download the document to be filled at the IELTS website.
- Valid Identity: Make sure you send a copy of a valid ID card. The administrators accept passports, GSIS (Government Service Insurance System) card, SSS (Social Security System) card, PRC (Professional Regulation Commission) licence and the Unified Multi-purpose card. You also need two passport sized photos.
- Preparation: An IELTS exam needs weeks and months of preparation. The best way is to enroll in an IELTS centre or online review course. If you are confident of your English skills, you can join a study group or study by yourself through the online review course. It is best that you take the exam as soon as you are done with the review program. The longer you wait, the easier it may be for you to forget what you learned.
- Check the Test Dates: The upcoming test dates are usually available online.
Discover English Academy
If you are looking for help to prepare for your IELTS test, contact our academy. We can take the fear and trepidation out of your learning to make it enjoyable. Our goal is to teach students in a welcoming environment that accommodates individual interests and learning capacities. We help you build your vocabulary for both formal and informal situations and strengthen your comprehensive English skills in all areas so you are well prepared to pass with flying colours.
Program Description for IELTS
Our program is focused on intensive preparation for practical and valid English assessment in any part of the world. It prepares you for international education, professional recognition, and global mobility. We prepare high intermediate to advanced level students for the IELTS in many different ways.
All credit goes to DEA Education Center