This program is approved by PTIB
The objectives of this course are to teach students the fundamentals of TESOL and to prepare students for the Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test. Students who take this course will be more confident in presenting and giving instructions; and will be given the opportunity to lead ESL activities and observe an ESL class.
Why Take TESOL?
- English is the most widely taught language in the world and around 2 billion (28%) of the world’s population speaks it
- Educators with TESOL training are very marketable, especially in a multilingual, multicultural environment as diverse as Canada
- Gain hands-on teaching experience by planning and delivering practice lessons and observing experienced teachers
- Training in TESOL is also valuable for overseas teaching and an excellent preparation for missions and cross-cultural work
To be admitted to DEA TESOL program, prospective students must meet specific requirements regarding age, prior education, English level, and demonstrated proficiency in the basic skills required for college-level work.
All Applicants Must:
- 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of an interview with the TESOL Program Manager
- Submission of a letter of intent outlining your goals for taking the TESOL program
- Domestic students must hold an Undergraduate Degree
- International students must hold an Undergraduate Degree and a TOEFL iBT Score 101
(minimum of 27 in speaking/writing, 23 in listening, 24 in reading) OR IELTS Academic 6.5 overall with a minimum score of 6.5 in each skill area
- Principles of teaching language
- Knowledge of the English language
- Cross-cultural communications
- Experience in the ESL classroom
Local and International Students fee:
This program has been approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training.
Contact Us Today For More Information